Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shoes and Swifts...

Robert made me a swift for Christmas! Hooray!! No more tangled mess of yarn around my feet trying to wind it into balls!! I sanded it down and made the dowels a bit shorter, and now I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can finally use it! I couldn't decide between paint or stain, so I let Nate choose... Shockingly enough, he chose *purple* paint! Though, that was only after I rejected his "Red Sox Colors" idea. Shame on me for only wanting to paint it ONE color! ;)

Here's a before pic:


And how it looks right now... lol



Before I forget... A HUGE rave for Pedipeds soft shoes!! Trish and I went to Lamey Welleham last week to find K some snow boots, since he's got fat feet and we were having a hard time finding something that would fit, and still be relatively easy to get on him. We finally found a pair that goes on well, though he does NOT like wearing them! Can't blame him though, with those big thick soles! At least he has something to wear so he can play outside now, though! A very good thing considering all the snow we have!

While we were there, I was looking for some new soft sole shoes for him, since he's outgrowing his Robeez. In addition to the Robeez, they had Pedipeds there, which I'd never seen in person before. They didn't have a large selection, and only had one style in K's size. Darn those big feet! I LOVE them though! They have a bit thicker sole than Robeez (or their comparative knock-offs), so they can be worn outside. Despite the thicker sole, they are still *VERY* flexible and good for the feet. I'm also really grooving that they look like "real" shoes, and thus go with everything. They are also really easy to get on and off, which is a major plus!

Best of all? Kaiden LOVES them as well! He keeps asking for them, even! This is the same kid whom we can't even keep socks on, so I am VERY pleased! I can't wait to get another pair! No action pics right now, but they are "Charlie" in brown. Next on the list are a pair of XL white/blue Liam's!

0 comments: