Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Starting anew...

The snow is melting, the birds are returning, the feeling of spring is in the air. And with it, a sense of renewal. For the first time in perhaps 18 months, I am at a point where my family is back where it should be, the top.

Some of you know I helped found a small animal rescue, and ran the online store for said rescue. The store quickly became a great success, and made things possible for the rescue that may not have been possible otherwise. In recent months sales skyrocketed, and I was inundated with orders. 40 hammocks a week from customs, which meant Kaiden was spending more and more time with Nana or Grammy. Not only was I stressed about completing orders on time, I was no longer able to be a parent to my son - the store was expected to come first.

Two weeks ago I resigned from the rescue. A replacement was found, and the store is planned to re-open later this week. Now I can get back to being what I'm meant to be, a mommy - the best job in the world! And with it, a sense of peace, happiness, and finally, contentment.

0 comments: