Sunday, January 14, 2007

Why not to knit in the middle of the night...

Here is your public service announcement for the day. Don't knit when you're overtired!

I had a pair of Stripey Slippers I was making my brother Brandon, and really wanted to get them finished the other night. After all, they were supposed to be a gift for Christmas, but I just couldn't get into knitting the second slipper for some reason.

The first slipper went great, but the second is, well... Here's the picture...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For those that don't know, that is *not* what it should look like! lol That's the sole of the slipper, and should be stripes the whole length, what you see on the left end of the slipper. Not only did I somehow mess up the striping, I also manged to somehow add stitches at some point, and made it wider.

At least in the end, it still fits him, and nobody sees the underside! Besides, now I've learned a very valuable lesson. Don't try knitting at 4am!

0 comments: