I finished my first pair of Picky Pants tonight! All I had left to do was kitchener stitch the crotch closed, bind off the second leg cuff, and create an I-cord for the drawstring waistband. It's now been finished, washed, and dried. I made them a size larger, so they've got a TON of growing room! The legs are way too long, but they're still cute rolled up. Considering it's my first pair, I don't think I did too bad! Now I just need to remember to work from two skeins at a time when I use Paton's again - talk about long color repeats!
For those wondering specifics, I knit these in Paton's Merino, using Forest for the body, and Leaf Green for the trim. For the pattern, I used LTK Picky Pants, size large with a 1x1 ribbed waistband, backside increases, and the ribbed leg cuff options. Now I finally have another pair of longies I can use!
Here's the crotch with the kitchener grafting. Look Ma, no holes!
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Finally, longies are done...
Posted by
Grace
at
1:58 AM
Labels: diaper cover, knit, knitting, longies, merino, patons, picky pants, wool, yarn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Love the Booga Bag! Nice work.
Post a Comment